RelatedNSWMA Receives 12 New Trucks FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Twelve new garbage compacters were handed over to the National Solid Waste Management Authority (NSWMA) today (June 12), at the offices of the Ministry of Local Government and Environment in Kingston.Speaking at the ceremony, Minister of State in the Ministry, Harry Douglas, said that the new trucks would greatly enhance the capability and efficiency of the NSWMA.Stressing that the presentation of the trucks to the Authority was “a symbol of the government’s commitment to keeping the environment clean,” the State Minister said that last year alone, the government spent approximately $1.7 billion on managing solid waste disposal in the country.“I hope that these vehicles will be used with great care and to the maximum benefit of the Jamaican citizen. In addition, I charge the Acting Executive Director to ensure that all drivers are properly trained and meet the required standards before they take to the wheels of these trucks,” Mr. Douglas said.Acting Executive Director of the NSWMA, Christopher Powell, expressed his gratitude for the vehicles and assured the State Minister that they would be used professionally.Mr. Douglas also took the opportunity to commend the NSWMA on its latest initiative – the launch of the anti-litter ticketing campaign – which became effective on May 1.“It is my pleasure to present these trucks to the NSWMA and to encourage them to continue working with the stakeholders, the business community and other business associates to obtain their support in achieving your stated mission as you strive to improve the quality of life of all Jamaicans,” said Mr. Douglas.The vehicles were purchased at a cost of US$864,693.21. The 2007 Hyundai motor trucks were sourced through Key Motors and were purchased in Korea. RelatedNSWMA Receives 12 New Trucks NSWMA Receives 12 New Trucks UncategorizedJune 12, 2007 RelatedNSWMA Receives 12 New Trucks Advertisements
Related Posts Menopause to become the next game-changer in global femtech solutions industry by 2025 Conjoined twins from Odisha undergoes successful surgery The twins were operated upon by doctors from AIIMSConjoined twins — Jaga and Kalia — from Odisha were successfully separated by a team of doctors at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi. The 28-months-old twins, hailing from Milipada village under Phiringia block in Kandhamal district, are craniopagus conjoined twins, joined at the heads. This is a very rare condition, a senior doctor at AIIMS said.“The second phase of a marathon surgery is still underway,” said Pratap Jena, Health and Family Welfare minister, Odisha in Bhubaneswar.“After 11 hours of surgery, the heads of the conjoined twins have been separated successfully. The health condition of the children is stable. After the separation, plastic surgery experts are now working on them,” he said.Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has congratulated the team of specialists from the institute’s neurosurgery, neuro-anaesthesia and plastic surgery departments for the successful separation of the heads.“No experts from abroad are involved in the procedure.The first phase of the surgery was performed on August 28 when the doctors created venous bypass to separate the veins shared by the babies that returns blood to the heart from the brain.“We had suggested to the AIIMS authorities to engage experts from across the world in the operation process, if needed. The Odisha government is ready to bear the expenses of the foreign doctors. We hope things will go well with the blessings of Lord Jagannath,” Jena said.Bhuyan Kanhar, the father of the twins, said, “The surgery is being done as the condition of Jaga deteriorated.”The conjoined twins were admitted to AIIMS on July 13.The Odisha government has sanctioned Rs one crore from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF) for the twins’ treatment.AK Mahapatra, the chief of the neurosciences centre, earlier had said the twins suffer from the condition which afflicts one in 30 lakh children, of which 50 per cent die either at birth or within 24 hours.The surgery is feasible only on 25 per cent of the survivors, while the rest continue to live with the condition.“Also, there is less than a 20 per cent chance of survival among those who undergo this surgery. Such operations are extremely challenging,” he had said. WHO tri-regional policy dialogue seeks solutions to challenges facing international mobility of health professionals Heartfulness group of organisations launches ‘Healthcare by Heartfulness’ COVID care app News The missing informal workers in India’s vaccine story Share Phoenix Business Consulting invests in telehealth platform Healpha By salil sule on October 26, 2017 Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals releases first “Comprehensive Textbook of COVID-19” Read Article MaxiVision Eye Hospitals launches “Mucormycosis Early Detection Centre”
These test centre locations and their operational procedures/times are subject to change.Testing is by way of GP referral only and those coming for testing must have an appointment. On March 24th changes were recommended in relation to Covid-19 testing to ensure that testing was targeted to high risk groups and those at risk of exposure to Covid-19.People who were referred for Covid 19 testing on or before March 24th will have received a text confirming that their referral has been cancelled and to contact their GP if they meet the new testing criteria. Testing capacity has been constrained since Sunday March 29th due to stock limitations of testing kits, however testing kit stocks have been replenished. Unfortunately there are on-going challenges in terms of supplies of reagent for the Covid 19 test in laboratories. This is a global challenge with major suppliers having to ration provision across the world. Every effort to procure new stocks is being made.Over the last number of weeks the number of hospitals providing Covid-19 testing has increased. However provision of reagent and extraction kits will remain a major challenge for the foreseeable future until the major suppliers ramp up production.We continue to prioritise testing of healthcare workers and in-patients in acute hospitals and across residential facilities.We apologise to all those waiting for test results and we wish to reassure the public that we are making every endeavour to improve turnaround times within the current international constraints.Testing is performed for public health as opposed to clinical reasons, and patients waiting for results should continue to self-isolate for 14 days.Revised Testing ProtocolTesting is now targeted to those in a priority group or those with a high risk of exposure to Covid-19, who also have symptoms of fever and at least one other sign. Criteria as follows:If you are in a priority group and have:· fever and a cough, or· fever and shortness of breath (breathing difficulties)If you are in a priority group and have been in contact with someone you think or know has coronavirus and you have any of these symptoms:· cough· congestion· runny nose· sore throat· body aches· tirednessYou can phone your GP to be assessed for a test in any of these situations. The GP will assess you over the phone. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Do not ring GP out-of-hours services as they cannot arrange testing. If you do not have a GP, any GP can arrange a test. HSELive cannot order coronavirus tests. It is an information line only.If people experience a change in their health they are advised to contact their GP for medical advice. It is important that people are aware that waiting for a test doesn’t change how they manage their symptoms or interactions with other people and it is essential that they self-isolate to prevent spreading any potential infection to others. Advice for patients is available at https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/self-isolation-and-limited-social-interaction.htmlPriority groups for testing include people with specific symptoms of coronavirus who are also:· close contacts of a confirmed case· healthcare workers who are in the frontline and have regular patient contact· those most at risk of severe infection such as people with diabetes, immunosuppressed, chronic lung disease, chronic heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, chronic renal disease, chronic liver disease and smokers· people who live with those in the above groups· staff and residents of nursing homes and other residential care settings and those in direct provision, homeless, Roma and travelling community settings where symptom management is difficult· pregnant women to ensure they are managed safely in hospitalAnticipating a substantial increase in the number of positive Covid-19 cases, the HSE is developing a national rapid, large scale system operating in three steps:· Step 1: Rapid notification to a person of a negative or positive result and provision of advice.· Step 2: Contacts. Rapid identification of contacts of confirmed Covid-19 cases· Step 3: Control. Rapid public health management of contacts of confirmed cases.· For more information please visit the HPSC on: https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/guidance/contacttracingguidance/CMP%20Overview_Model%202_V4.pdf Twitter Community Enhancement Programme open for applications Google+ Previous articleÚdaras na Gaeltachta seeking mentors for enterprise programmeNext articleStrabane woman makes impassioned Covid appeal after father’s funeral News Highland WhatsApp Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Homepage BannerNews News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Facebook Facebook The HSE says a total of 48 Covid-19 Community Testing Centres, two of them in Donegal, which are operating from 8am to 8pm seven days a week.The centre are at O’ Donnell Park in Letterkenny and the Lakeside Caravan and Camping Centre – Belleek Road – Ballyshannon.The HSE says the test centre locations and their operational procedures and times are subject to change, and is stressing that testing is by way of GP referral only and those coming for testing must have an appointment.The HSE acknowledges the provision of reagent and extraction kits will remain a major challenge for the foreseeable future until the major suppliers ramp up production.**********************Statement in full -CHO 1 Covid-19 Community Testing CentresAcross the HSE a total of 48 Covid-19 Community Testing Centres. are now operational with 6 of these in CHO 1. People referred for a Covid-19 test are offered appointments to attend a drive through clinic for testing. The 6 sites across CHO are now operating from the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Sunday as follows:1. Sligo – Finisklin Business Park2. Leitrim – Irish Wheelchair Association Building , Attifinlay, Carrick-on-Shannon3. Breffni GAA Park – Creighan, Cavan4. Cloghan GAA Park – Monaghan5. St Eunans GAA O’ Donnell Park – Letterkenny6. Lakeside Caravan and Camping Centre – Belleek Road – Ballyshannon WhatsApp HSE says 48 Covid-19 test centres are operating around the country RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Twitter Pinterest Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic By News Highland – April 7, 2020 Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Google+ Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows
Subscribe Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270.
ATHENS, Ga. — When asked recently about the possibility of adding another quarterback to an already crowded position, Georgia head coach Mark Richt conceded he never minds having four or five scholarship on his roster at one time.Wednesday, he got his wish.After visiting Georgia this past weekend, former Virginia quarterback Greyson Lambert announced that he will become a Bulldog after graduating last week. The former Wayne County (Jesup) standout has two years of eligibility remaining, and will report to Athens where he will battle Brice Ramsey, Faton Bauta and Jacob Park for the starting job.UGAPrior to Lambert’s announcement on Wednesday, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer denied he was unhappy with any of his current QBs.“It speaks to the fact that we’re trying to create competition. Again, you’re talking to a guy who has played the last two years in the NFC West with two and three different quarterbacks a year. Unfortunately, injuries are part of the process,” Schottenheimer said. “But it doesn’t matter if it is quarterback, it doesn’t matter if it’s offensive line, we’re trying to create competition. We think that leads to guys raising their level of play, raising their standards so that’s what we’re trying to do.”Lambert recently announced his transfer from Virginia after falling to second string on the depth chart behind Matt Johns.Last year, Lambert started nine games for the Cavaliers, throwing for 1,972 yards with 10 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He has two years of eligibility remaining after graduating from Virginia last week.Wayne County head coach Jody Grooms said the Bulldogs are getting a good one.“Greyson is a student of the game,” Grooms said. “He’s not afraid to prepare in the classroom, the weight room, the film study. He’s never been afraid to prepare to put in the extra work. A lot of college athletes are kids that football may not be their top priority. Football, to Greyson, is life. That’s what he’s passionate about, and he’s going to be the best he can absolutely be. I just think with the tools that are in place at the University of Georgia already with the returning offensive line, the dynamic running game, playmakers at receiver, turnover on the staff that’s creating a lot of excitement amongst the assistant coaches, it’s an environment that Greyson will really thrive in.”Anthony Dasher writes for UGASports.comLIKE 11Alive’s Facebook page to get the latest breaking news and weather alerts, plus discuss trending topics!Download the 11Alive News app to get the latest news while you’re on the go! It’s free! iTunes | Android<!–iframe–>
THE Small Farm + Lifestyle Expo at the Phillip Island Grand Prix circuit this weekend promises to be a knowledge…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
A TRESPASSER has been blamed for major delays on the Pakenham-Cranbourne train line this afternoon. Metro announced commuter delays of…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
By Bonny Burrows A witness to a “horrific” accident which saw a horse rider flown to hospital in a serious…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
As well, Nelson Youth Soccer will be pitching in to help L.V. Rogers Bombers host the BC High School AA Girl’s Soccer Championships in June. Mother Nature did its best to cooperate as Nelson Youth Soccer kicked off the 2017 campaign on the pitch Saturday at the Lakeside Soccer Fields.Future soccer stars took to the fields as the Mini program opened with games this past weekend.Highlights of the season include the annual Terry Walgren Tournament in May.
The Heritage City was a beehive of activity as Nelson Minor Baseball hosted the West Kootenay Major and Rookie Playoffs this past weekend.Trail Orioles defeated the Nelson Angels 9-5 in the tournament final to capture the West Kootenay title.The Angels, which managed to defeat the Orioles during the preliminary round, had a chance to make it two straight in the final but failed with the bases loaded.Nelson Angels opened the tournament with wins over Castlegar Stingers and Trail to advance to the final.“(This was) truly an honor for Nelson to host this tournament as the hosting rights go to the previous year’s champion,” said Nelson Minor Baseball board member Griffin Augustin, adding the tournament attracted 11 teams and close to 125 players during the weekend.The other Nelson teams entered in the tournament had the Giants losing two games to strong squads from Castlegar and Trail while the Nelson Cardinals lost out after being eliminated from the double-knockout tournament by Trail Padres.The Cardinals opened the tournament with a close 10-7 loss to the Beaver Valley Jays Friday. Saturday the Cards edged Castlegar 9-8 before dropping the heartbreaker to the Padres.“The tournament was success as a whole with very competitive games throughout,” Augustin said.“The feedback we received from all visiting was positive and complimentary.”More than 25 games were played at Lions and Queen Elizabeth Parks as well as the Lakeside Ball Diamonds.Teams from Beaver Valley, Castlegar and Trail joined host Nelson for the weekend event.Augustin said the sport in Nelson has grown over the past few years with more than 150 players registering in the Heritage City.“The town is producing some great baseball players at all levels,” he said.“This year we have two kids from Nelson that have made the Trail All-star team —12-year-old Koa Wintraub and 11-year-old Brady Augustin.“These two players are destined for four tournaments in the US and Canada including the nine days of provincials in Victoria.Augustin said there are also six to eight players from Nelson trying out for a Castlegar tournament team.